- By concentrating on the theory that underpins competent driving on today’s roads this course provides a cost effective means to improve the driving abilities of all employees.
- The course uses hard hitting film clips and interactive activities to encourage the development of a positive attitude to driving whilst generating an understanding of how personal factors can affect performance.
In-vehicle Driver Training Course
In-vehicle driver training is universally recognised as the single most effective way to reduce driver related incidents and the course typically comprises:
- Licence, eyesight and vehicle check
- An introduction to safer driving and its benefits to the individual, the company and society in general
- Concentration, observation and anticipation
- The system of vehicle control, including best fuel efficiency
- Specific solutions matched to the experience of the company - for example, manoeuvring, reversing and parking accidents
- The principles of skid avoidance and skid correction
- An assessment of each driver’s ability
- A short demonstration by the trainer of instructional commentary, followed by student practice
- Individual training for each driver, paying particular attention to any specific problems he or she may have
- A full debriefing at the end of each session to provide guidance and advice, specifically in relation to an individual’s risk profile
- A comprehensive printed report for the company, submitted shortly after the course, which website/includes each individual’s personal development plan
- A certificate of attendance for each trainee
- Other bespoke content as required
We have business links with a national network of qualified, expert trainers providing training across the UK.