IOSH Safety for Senior Executives
- Health and safety as a main line management function, emanating from the top and descending through the management layers.
- Current legislation – Health and Safety at Work etc Act, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and other relevant legislation.
- Penalties for offences relating to health and safety legislation covering case studies, corporate bodies (directors, secretaries etc) and corporate manslaughter.
- The financial implications of accidents and ill-health caused by working conditions.
- Types of documentation, policies and procedures required for legal compliance.
- The importance of appointing competent personnel to advise on health and safety.
- Basic principles of risk assessment.
- Root causes of accidents.
- Review of policies and strategies and where necessary introduce changes to make their organisation operate more safely.