Coping with Stress and Stress Management
The Law and Key Definitions
- Legal background including case studies.
- The difference between pressure and stress.
- What is work-related stress and its causes.
The Management Standards
- The background to the Management Standards.
- What the Management Standards are.
- How they should be applied.
- The expectations on the employer and the employee.
Stress and the Individual
- Cost of stress to organisations.
- The varying stages of stress, the signs, symptoms and the body’s reaction.
- Individual personalities, attitudes and beliefs.
The Organisational Aspects
- Getting organisations to recognise stress with some methods described and some facts.
- Identifying individuals who may be at risk
- Responsibility for managing stress
- Organisational preventative measures